Posting Internship Jobs
To post job descriptions, please visit Western's Career Central and complete the new account registration for employers.
Completed applications, including cover letters and résumés, will be collected for you electronically, and you will be able to download the applications after the deadline date. If you prefer, the students may be directed to submit their applications to your website.
Interviews & Offers
Once you have reviewed all applicants, you will be able to set up your interview schedules using our online system. We are happy to assist you with details, in order to ensure that interview schedules are prepared according to your instructions.
Job offers need to be submitted by the dates indicated on our Recruiting Schedule. We will coordinate all offers and present them to students. You will be notified by our office to indicate acceptance/decline of your Internship Job Offer.
We will also provide all participating employers with a letter confirming eligibility for the Co-operative Education Tax Credit.
It is expected that employers will:
- Extend all job offers through Western's Student Success Centre Internship Coordinator
- Confirm acceptance of job offers and terms of employment in writing to students and to the institution
- Honour all offers of employment
- Provide accurate and complete information on job responsibilities, compensation, and benefits
- Assign a mentor or advisor to assist the students to identify goals and clarify roles and responsibilities
- Treat the students as employees, let their expectations be like those of their co-workers
- Provide the students with relevant training and development opportunities
- Monitor the students' progress, and provide formal/informal feedback on a timely basis to both the students and to the institution
- Provide Western Career Services with a copy of the employment contract, where possible
- If, in the rare event that you wish to terminate an Intern or an Internship position, please contact Colleen Sutherland, Internship Coordinator, Western's Student Success Centre, as soon as possible.
*based on Best Practices Guidelines of the Canadian Association for Internship Programs