How To ApplyStep 1 (Registration/Enrollment)
- Attend an information session and an Industry Internship Resume & Interview Workshop, have your resume reviewed by the DAN Internship Assistant as a potential intern and register with Career Central at www.westerncareercentral.ca.
- Once approved visit the secure The Student Success Centre Web Site on a regular basis between October and August to view the internship job descriptions and interview schedules. An Internship Calendar summarizes employer job descriptions and upcoming deadline dates.
- International students accepted into the DAN Internship Program will need a letter from their Faculty (DAN Internship Coordinator will contact you when letter is ready for pickup) as proof that the work term is mandatory, must apply for the co-op work permit no later than January 31, 2019, and must also have a Social Insurance Number. For additional information on co-op work permits, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is strongly recommended that International Students attend an Information Session on "How to apply for a work permit" with Western International.
- Read carefully each job descriptions (on the web page) to determine: application deadline date, interview dates, length/dates of internship, requested degree programs, and method of application.
- Follow the method of application as specified in the job posting
- All students who receive an interview will be contacted by e-mail. You will also see these interview requests when you login to The Student Success Centre. Interviewees should select and sign up for a time on the interview schedule on-line. Interviews will be held in the interview rooms located in UCC, room 210. Some interviews may be off-campus or by telephone.
- Attend the first interview. If second interviews are necessary, they may be scheduled at the employer’s location but will be arranged between the employer and the students.
- Employers will contact The Student Success Centre with job and salary offers. Students have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer. All students should seriously consider a job offer before acceptance.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact:
Michelle Loveland, DAN Internship Coordinator
DAN Department of Management & Organizational Studies
The University of Western Ontario, SSC Room 4414
London, Ontario N6A 5C2
Telephone: (519) 661-2111, Ext. 84931
Fax: (519) 850-2386